I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0.0 of RTEncoder. It is available for immediate download from the Downloads page.
Important Changes Since Version 1.0
RTEncoder has become a commercial product. It is still available for free download, and can decode RTE files without cost. But to encode RTE files requires the purchase of a license.
Major Features in RTEncoder 2.0
- easy to use Wizard style interface for encoding and decoding
- backward compatibility with version 1.0 RTE files for decoding
- supports encoding with up to three key files and one key phrase
- supports strong file encryption via the Blowfish algorithm
- supports compression of the source file prior to encoding for disk and bandwidth savings
- ability to check for an updated version of the software either automatically or manually
- installing a purchased license will unlock features without requiring a new download
Major Website Update
Most of the pages on RTEncoder.com have also been updated with new content reflecting the new release, including a new informational front page and many updated FAQ entries.